What Is LINKin?
LINKin is a group of nine Illinois libraries which allow patrons to borrow titles from partner libraries. When a title is not available at the Waukegan Public Library, a LINKin partner library may be able to fulfill your request. LINKin service at the Waukegan Public Library is available to Waukegan Public Library card holders only, and is easily accessible through our catalog. You can always ask for help at the Adult Reference Desk or call 847-623-2041 ext. 238.
How Does It Work?
Your LINKin requests are submitted through the Library’s catalog. You will need your Waukegan Public Library card to request a title through LINKin. If the title you want is not available at our Library, click the blue LINKin button on the title’s entry page. Search LINKin for the title you need, select it, and then click ‘Request This Item.’ This will take you to the LINKin website, where you will be asked to identify your home library. Then enter your name, library card number, and desired pickup location (the Main Library or the Hinkston Branch), and click ‘Submit.’
How Long Does It Take?
Most LINKin requests will arrive at the pickup location of your choice within one week.
Call us at 847-623-2041 and ask for Reference at ext. 238 – or visit our Reference desk in person!
Some Other Things to Note
- You will be notified by phone or email when your LINKin material(s) are ready for pick-up.
- For books and most AV material, the loan period is four weeks. For DVDs, the loan period is one week.
- Patrons are allowed one renewal on LINKin items. For DVDs, this is a 7-day renewal; for all other material, the renewal period is 14 days.
- Patrons may not place holds on checked out LINKin items.
- You can recommend that we purchase items we do not own by contacting the Reference Desk or filling out our online Book Suggestion Form.