WPL offers many resources to help you in your job search, including services you can access at the library and from home.
Need your GED or other education?
WPL’s resources can help you prepare yourself with the skills you’ll need to get (and keep!) the job you want:
Free classes at WPL: call (847) 775-2547
- How to…Get that Job! Class: job searching, resume writing, online applications, interview techniques
- Computer Classes: internet, email, file management, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel skills
- Tutoring: work with a tutor to build your skills in reading, writing, math, or English language
- Drop-in Adult Learning Center: stop by our open computer lab for support with computer questions, resume building, and more
Wednesdays, 10am – 12pm; most Thursdays, 5pm – 7pm
- Prepare for your GED in Spanish
- Career Online High School
Job Corps Career Training: call (800) 733-5627
- Career technical training and education program
- For young people ages 16-24 who qualify as low-income
Need help with your resume and job applications?
Resumes show employers why you’re a great match for the job. Try our drop-in Adult Learning Center, or check out these resources to develop an excellent resume.
Job Center of Lake County: call (847) 377-3427
1 N. Genesee St., Waukegan, IL 60085
- Job search workshops
- Drop-in resume and online application help: Mondays, 10:00am; Wednesdays, 1:30pm
Books about resumes and cover letters can be found with call number 650.14
In high school and need a job?
It can be difficult to find a first job! Start with these local resources.
Lake County Job Center Youth Services: (847) 377-3427
Youth Conservation Corps
10-month Youth Build program and Summer Program that focus on skill development, job readiness, and environmental education