Need your GED or other education?
WPL’s resources can help you prepare yourself with the skills you’ll need to get (and keep!) the job you want:
Free classes at WPL: call (847) 775-2565
- How to…Get that Job! Class: job searching, resume writing, online applications, interview techniques
- Computer Classes: internet, email, file management, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel skills
- Tutoring: work with a tutor to build your skills in reading, writing, math, or English language
- Drop-in Adult Learning Center: stop by our open computer lab for support with computer questions, resume building, and more
Wednesdays, 10am – 12pm, Fridays in Spanish 4pm-6pm
- Prepare for your GED in Spanish
Job Corps Career Training: call (800) 733-5627
- Career technical training and education program
- For young people ages 16-24 who qualify as low-income
Need help with your resume and job applications?
Resumes show employers why you’re a great match for the job. Try our drop-in Adult Learning Center, or check out these resources to develop an excellent resume.
Job Center of Lake County: call (847) 377-3427
1 N. Genesee St., Waukegan, IL 60085
- Job search workshops
- Drop-in resume and online application help: Mondays, 10:00am; Wednesdays, 1:30pm
Books about resumes and cover letters can be found with call number 650.14
In high school and need a job?
It can be difficult to find a first job! Start with these local resources.
Lake County Job Center Youth Services: (847) 377-3427
Youth Conservation Corps
10-month Youth Build program and Summer Program that focus on skill development, job readiness, and environmental education