Over the last year and a half, I’ve posted a lot about horror fiction, from the tame to the scare-your-pants-off variety. So for this year, I’m sharing some of these older posts to point you towards a few horror novels (and movies!) that you might otherwise have missed. You can click on the cover of any title to place a hold through our catalog.
- Summer Reading: Horror Novels
- If You Liked…Stranger Things
- Celebrating Stephen King’s (Belated) Birthday
- Books to Scare Your Pants Off
- Horror Movie Suggestions for a Spooky Weekend
- Halfway to Halloween
- 5 Spooky Reads for Friday the 13th
In addition, you can check out our horror-themed book lists on the Library’s website! Just visit https://www.waukeganpl.org/adults/book-lists-adults/ or https://www.waukeganpl.org/young-adult/book-lists/ and hover over the Horror tab on the left side of the screen to see the specific lists.
And if you’re not quite on board with full-blown horror, make sure to check out the blog tomorrow for a list of spooky, atmospheric reads perfectly suited for gentle souls!
—Katie, Adult Reference