Friday, October 1st, the ELC is back open!
The Early Learning Center in the Children’s Department is back open! The ELC is an interactive hands-on learning experience that is fun, engaging, and build skills that are important for success in school. The ELC is now open everyday from 10am -2pm.
The Main Library is open Monday – Friday, 10:00 am – 7:00 pm and Saturday – Sunday, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm.
Public computer use is available at the Main Library for adults and teens. Other in-person services at the Main Library include paying fees and library card renewal. Appointments available for notary services. Study rooms available for reservations up to 2 hours. Teen Corner is open Monday -Friday from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm, a space reserved for teens.
ESL and literacy tutoring, Conversational ESL, Digital Literacy, Health Literacy and GED in Spanish are available as virtual programming. Curbside pickup services will continue at the Main Library. Items can be returned in the book drop located in front of the library or behind the Main Library on Martin Luther King Dr.
The Hinkston Branch is open Monday – Friday, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Click to learn more.
Before you visit
- Masks are required to enter the library and must be worn properly
- Social distancing guidelines will be followed
- WPL staff will be wearing masks and/or face shields
- Plexiglass shields at public service desks and between computer stations
- Increased cleanliness
- Hand sanitizer stations readily available
- Computers and other shared stations will be cleaned after each use.