The Friends of the Waukegan Public Library are a not-for-profit, voluntary organization of community members committed to promoting and sustaining the collection, programs, and services of the Waukegan Public Library. The Friends manage the Library’s Book Sale and use the money they raise to support many activities and programs, like the summer Courtyard Concerts series, books and materials for the Children’s Department, special events, and more.
Join the Friends
Joining the Friends of the Waukegan Public Library is a great way to get involved with the Library! We have over 100 members and are always anxious to make new Friends. Membership in the Friends entitles you to the following benefits:
- Our quarterly newsletter
- An invitation to our Annual Meeting each April
- Advance notice of special events
- Personal satisfaction of supporting a vital community resource
Membership forms are available here, at the Customer Service Desk on the main floor of the library, at all book sales, and at the concert series. Mail your completed form with a check payable to the Friends of the Waukegan Public Library to: Friends of the Waukegan Public Library, 128 N. County St., Waukegan, IL 60085.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following donations are being accepted for children and adults:
- Books in good condition, free of damage, dirt, odor, mold, and markings.
- DVDs, and Blu-Rays in good condition, free of scratches and with the original artwork.
The following items are not accepted:
- Books with water damage, odor, wear or dirt, or mold
- Books with broken spines, loose pages, or torn covers
- Audio or VHS tapes
Donations must be taken to the Customer Services Desk.