Job Title: Custodian
Job Classification: Custodian
Reports To: Facilities Manager
Hours: 16-24 hours per week including evenings and weekends
Salary: $15.00 an hour
Employer: Waukegan Public Library
OVERVIEW: Works under the supervision of the Facilities Manager to provide custodial services, cleaning and upkeep for the Library building and grounds.
- Cleans bathroom floors, mirrors, basins, and commodes.
- Restocks bathrooms with supplies.
- Cleans all glass doors and glass walls in meeting and study rooms.
- Wipes down all tables and counters.
- Vacuums all carpeted areas throughout the building.
- Wet mops the second floor, basement, and stairway floors.
- Removes snow from sidewalks and spreads salt as needed.
- Picks up trash around the outside of the building.
- Sets up and takes down meeting rooms.
- Gathers and machine washes rags and mop heads.
- Efficiently shampoos carpeted areas.
- Empties trash receptacles and removes trash to dumpster.
- Empties recycling receptacles and places in the recycling dumpsters
- Assists with the courtyard setup for events.
- Waters and weeds landscaped areas as directed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 3-5 years previous experience in the custodial field
- Attention to detail!
- Able to work with a diverse staff and patron base.
- Familiar with common workplace technology – computers, the internet and e-mail
- Communication skills, written and oral, in English. Spanish language skills a plus
- Able to use various tools.
- Able to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Knowledge of proper techniques, processes, and tools for the custodial field
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Computer Cell Phone Snow blower
Carpet Cleaner Lawn equipment Hand tools
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Able to lift to 75 pounds.
- Able to work on a ladder.
- Able to reach up to 6 feet.
- Able to bend and crawl at floor level.
- Able to remain calm when dealing with emotional patrons or staff.
- Works in an office building and outside setting
- Must be able to travel to other locations within the community.
- Work’s day, evening, and weekend hours
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
No phone inquiries, please.
Looking for a new job and planning to work on your resume? JobNow can help! With JobNow, you’ll be able to access help from live, online coaches, as well as interview tips and career resources. All you need is your library card! Create an account and then download the app for assistance on the go.