The library offers public computers, 27 for adult and 17 for children.
Free wireless is available and you can sit at any of our tables or use our laptop bar. Many electrical outlets are available to charge your devices.
Audio & Video Applications
- PhotoStory 3 – a free presentation software that allows videos to be made using still photographs. You can add sound and visual effects to the presentation. Learn how to use it here.
- Windows Movie Maker – Free movie creator software and is standard with Windows
- Change Screen Size – Located in the Start Menu this utility will allow patrons to change the screen resolution from the default 1360x768 to a larger 1280x720
- Acrobat X – Acrobat is the Default Reader
- Foxit Reader – A free Acrobat alternative, is available in the event that a PDF cannot be printed properly using Acrobat. http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/
Solitaire, Freecell, Pinball, Hearts, Minesweeper
- MS Paint – MS Paint
- Paint.NET – is a free image editing software with more features. http://www.getpaint.net/
- IE8 and Mozilla Firefox. You can choose whichever browser you prefer.
- Note Tab Light – a free HTML editor. http://www.notetab.com/
- DVD Player – Play a DVD using the freely available VLC movie player software. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
- Quick Time Player – For playing content in the Apple QuickTime format.
- RealPlayer – For Playing content in one of the various Real Player formats.
- Windows Media Player – Standard media player included with Windows
- Volume Control – For controlling the volume output to headphones (the internal speaker is disabled).
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Open Office – A freely available suite of applications similar to those found in Microsoft Office.
Accessibility Tools like the screen magnifier, narrator and on screen keyboard.